Thursday, March 29, 2012

WHOO Influences You?

I am on this whole owl theme and here is another idea to go with our health unit.  We created owls out of construction paper and glued a picture of someone or something that influences us in the middle.

Our next lesson in health was on how we make decisions. We talked about how there are direct and indirect influences. The students had some great questions, comments, and thoughts on the subject!

Here are the steps to making this SO cute little owl.  I found a basic owl pattern online and made copies of it on white paper.


The students had to cut out the patterns and then they traced them onto the colored construction paper of their choice.  They then cut those out.
Once everything was cut out, they assembled it and glued the pieces in place.  The last step for this project was for them to glue a picture of something or someone that influenced them onto it.



 Once everybody was done, we went around the room and shared what the picture was of and how that person or thing influences them. Here are some of my favorites :) They include a professional athlete, dad, and Selena Gomez!

And of course they then had to be added to the back wall! I love how everything is coming together!

2 comments:

Michelle Griffo said...

OMG this is so adorable!!! I want these guys in my room!!!

Michelle

Apples and ABC's

Heather's Heart said...

I love the owls...too, too, too cute!

I am your newest follower and would love for you to visit me when you get the chance. =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Post a Comment