Monday, March 26, 2012

Tweet Something Positive!

So we did the second half of our self-esteem lesson today and it was so much fun! We reviewed how self-esteem is developed and then spent some time talking about how powerful our words are in developing self-esteem.  Since our next section is on decision making I took this time to "front load" them with some thoughts on how using positive words and making good decisions go hand in hand. And of course what better way to teach this than through Twitter!

 
I  made this Twitter logo using some scrapbook paper I had at home.
 I gave each student a piece of gray construction paper and I explained how you create a name for yourself, mine of course was Fortheloveoffourthgrade.

After that I modeled how we can use social media to build people up, encourage them, and praise the good things they have done. We can use things such as Facebook and Twitter in positive ways that help young students such as themselves develop positive self-esteem. My tweet said " I am so proud of my fourth graders! They are such hard workers!"

Here were some of my favorite tweets from the students


  I took all of them and created a Twitter feed on our back window of positive thoughts about our school, our friends, and Room 13

1 comment:

Michelle Griffo said...

This is so creative! I love it!!

Michelle

:)
Apples and ABC's

Post a Comment