Thursday, September 6, 2012

Daily Schedule Pocket Chart

 Today was our first day with electives, or specials, as we call them at my school. It seems only fitting to share this project with you.

So as school wrapped up in June I told myself that this summer would be the summer that I actually created some of those Pinterest pins!  This is the first one that I made that was inspired by my friend Michelle at Apples and ABC's. I used to write the daily schedule on the white board each morning but loved this idea. Michelle created these great pocket chart cards and I wanted to do the same.

 I found this great pocket chart at Michael's for only $2.00. Score! I really liked that the chart was only 14 inches across so it wouldn't take up a bunch of my valuable wall space.

 Only problem was, when I opened it up, it was not nearly big enough to fit all the activities we do each day. Sad face. Who only does 7 things to do in a day? I want to be in that classroom! 
 But wait! Bright idea! If I went back to Michael's (oh okay, twist my arm!) I could buy another one and simply glue them together to get the space I needed. 
 I used my Cricut to cut out letters for the activities we have through out the week. Then I mounted the letters on white card stock paper.

 Here is the final product on the kitchen table.I really like the way that it turned out.
Here it is in the classroom. Doesn't it look amazing? So proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment